This church is located in O Tapal square, overlooked by Pazo dos Churrachaos (Churrachaos Manor House). It has a pointed window on its façade, and a Gothic stone cross cut in the four parts of the church.
The church was built by order of archbishop Lope de Mendoza (1434). The beauty of its façade, divided into three vertical sections, is especially remarkable, as are the towers at the ends of the church, the large rose window in the middle, and the door bearing the coats of arms of Castile and Leon and the arms of the archbishop in its tympanum. There are three archivolts, the innermost one representing Christ surrounded by twelve musicians. In the jambs that frame the door, the figures of the Apostles were carved in two sections
The inside of the temple consists of a nave divided into five parts separated by pointed arches. The second from the left features the figure of St Roch accompanied by St Bartholomew. The image of St Martin on horseback can be seen in the fourth section, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel in the fifth. On the right side there are the images of the Apostle and St Braulius in the second section, the Perpetual Help in the third one, the Renaissance chapel of the Valderramas (16th c.) with a baptismal font and the images of the evangelists in the fourth one, and Our Lady of Sorrows and Christ crucified in the fifth one.
At the top of the nave, the chancel and the altar can be seen. The chancel has a groin vault lit by a small rose window, and overlooks the outside forming a battlemented apse.
The church is usually entered through the north side door, representing the figures of Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus surrounded by archbishop Mendoza and St Joseph